RAIN OR SHINE! WE OPEN AT 9.
Want to see what you missed at past Blueberry Festivals? Check out our Archives page.
2017 Festival Information
The Blueberry Festival is held the last Sunday in July – this year the 18th Annual Festival will take place on Sunday, July 30th on the grounds of Old Austerlitz from 9am-4pm. The event is always held RAIN or SHINE.
Early 19th century craft demonstrations & wares, live music and of course – lots of blueberries!
We ask you to leave your pet safely at home so that you can fully enjoy all of the festivities we have going on throughout the day for this year’s 18th Annual Blueberry Festival.
Children under 12 free
The event features early 19th Century craft demonstrations and wares, antiques, gift shop, animals, live music and entertainment for children, many different vendors and a variety of foods to feed the masses.
NEW! NEW! NEW!
We are introducing a SPECIAL “area” this year, with a focus on Wool, Linen & Other Natural Fibers (including handmade arts, crafts, yarn goods, fabrics, dyes, and possibly tools, books, etc.). It’s like a Mini-Fiber Festival within the Blueberry Festival itself!
AGAIN this year…
a Silent Auction, with many beautiful antiques, plus intriguing collectibles and ephemera items.
As always, there are blueberries galore and a blueberry pancake breakfast.
Blueberry Pancake Breakfast – 9am until 11:30am
(additional charge separate from admission)
Adults – $8.00
Children under 12 – $4
FINAL 2017 Exhibitors
As of 7/20/17, the Artisans, Crafters, Artists and Antique Dealers participating in this year’s festival are:
- Justamere Tree Farm – Worthington, MA
- Bonnie White Folk Art – Canaan, NY
- Antiques at Seven Oaks – Nassau, NY
- Fly Tyer – William Newcomb – Hillsdale, NY
- The Farmstead – Hugh & Hope Davis – Leverett, MA
- Salt and Stone Pottery Co. – Noel H. Strobino – Clark Mills, NY
- William & Peggy Holland Watercolors – Spencertown, NY
- The 19th Century Tinsmith – Walter Fleming – Ballston Lake, NY
- K. William Kautz – American Folkart – Weston, VT
- Sue Anderson/Concord Farm Studio – East Chatham, NY
- Bark Baskets by J. Lee – Plainfield, MA
- Polichinelle – Mary Piester – Ghent, NY
- Joyce Flower Baskets – Valatie, NY
- Shaker Reproductions and Wood Turnings – Donna Mullet – Stephentown, NY
As of 7/20/17, the Fiber Arts Vendors and Demonstrators participating in this year’s festival are:
- Wooly Spruce Farmstead – Chatham, NY
- Carapace Farm Puppetry (using traditionally made felt & plant dyes) – Nassau, NY
- Under Mountain Weavers – Salisbury, CT
- Rag Hill Farm – Colrain, MA
- Moonshine Design at Keldaby – Colrain, MA
- Hands to Work Textiles, Shelburne Falls, MA
- Winterberry Farm, Colrain, MA
- Quilting by Margy Quinn – Austerlitz, NY
- Berkshire Hills & Dales Spinners Guild
As of 7/20/17, the Market Vendors participating this year are:
- Saratoga Peanut Butter Co. – Saratoga Springs, NY
- Dancing Bare Soap – Plainfield, MA
- Ballston Lake Apiaries – Richard Green – Ballston Lake, NY
- Stonecreek Candles – Kathleen Williams – Great Barrington, MA
- Rolling Rock Salt – Sheffield, MA
- O’Boys Soap Company, LLC – North Chatham, NY
- Grant House Press – East Chatham, NY
- Maple Leaf Sugaring – Ghent, NY
- Jana Laiz, Author – S. Egremont, NY
- Strudel Z – Hudson, NY
- Hay Berry Farm LLC – Hoosick Falls, NY
- Sauerkraut Seth’s – Seth Travins, Hillsdale, NY
- Taconic Brass – Rob Fisch, Spencertown, NY
- Berkshire Puppettree – Bruce Forster & Priscilla Tate,Great Barrington, MA
- Great Cape Baking Company – Amenia, NY
- 18th, 19th & 20th Century Prints – Sam Skinner, Ghent, NY
- Caroline’s Scottish Shortbread – Caroline Cook, North Adams, MA
As of 7/20/17, the Non-Profit Organizations participating this year are:
- Edna St. Vincent Millay Society – Austerlitz, NY
- Martin Van Buren National Historic Site – Kinderhook, NY
- Art School of Columbia County – Ghent, NY
- Master Gardeners – Cornell Cooperative Extension Columbia & Greene Counties – Hudson, NY
- Wild Things Preserve – Exotic/Unusual Rescue Animals & Animal Education
- Friends of the Tracy Inc. – Chatham, NY
As of 7/20/17, the Entertainers & Musicians participating this year are:
As of 7/20/17, the Special Exhibitors/Demonstrators participating this year are:
- Jake Kuhnen & Scott Lent: Blacksmithing Demonstrations in the AHS Forge
- Fred DePaul: Sheepshearing by Hand – Demonstrations & Commentary
- Roger The Jester – Tricks and treats for young and old alike, a smile on your face and a laugh in your belly!
- Birds of Prey – Trish Marki – The Wildlife Institute of Eastern NY: Performances at 11:00 and 1:00 pm
- Berkshire Hills & Dales Spinners Guild: Spinning Demonstrations in the Fiber Arts area
- Frances Culley – plus Family & Friends: Wool Spinning & Carding – Spencertown, NY
- Lauren Wolff & Colleagues: Quilting Demonstrations
- Michelle Parrish: Flax-to-Linen Processing Demonstrations