RAIN OR SHINE! 2016 Blueberry Festival
RAIN OR SHINE! WE OPEN AT 9. Bring your umbrella and rain coat and enjoy what we have going on! See you at Blueberry Festival.
Want to see what you missed at past Blueberry Festivals? Check out our Archives page.
Click here to see a copy of the 2016 Blueberry Program
2016 Festival Information
The Blueberry Festival is held the last Sunday in July – this year the 17th Annual Festival will take place on Sunday, July 31st on the grounds of Old Austerlitz from 9am-4pm. The event is always held RAIN or SHINE.
Early 19th century craft demonstrations & wares, live music and of course – lots of blueberries!
We ask you to leave your pet safely at home so that you can fully enjoy all of the festivities we have going on throughout the day for this year’s 17th Annual Blueberry Festival.
Children under 12 free
The event features early 19th Century craft demonstrations and wares, antiques, gift shop, animals, live music and entertainment for children, many different vendors and a variety of foods to feed the masses.
NEW this year — a Silent Auction, with many beautiful antiques, plus intriguing collectibles and ephemera items.
As always, there are blueberries galore and a blueberry pancake breakfast.
Blueberry Pancake Breakfast – 9am until 11:30am
(additional charge separate from admission)
Adults – $7.00
Children under 12 – $3
As of 7/22/16, the Artisans, Crafters, Artists and Antique Dealers participating in this year’s festival are:
- Justamere Tree Farm – Worthington, MA
- Bonnie White Folk Art – Canaan, NY
- Grant House Press – East Chatham, NY
- Wooly Spruce Farmstead – Chatham, NY
- Bookbinding & Paper Marbeling – Ulrike Grannis, Chatham, NY
- Fly Tying – Bill Newcomb, Hillsdale, NY
- Scherenschnitte – Ghent, NY
- The 19th Century Tinsmith – Walter Fleming, Ballston Lake, NY
- William & Peggy Holland Watercolors, Spencertown, NY
- Quilting by Diane Lill and Margy Quinn – Canaan & Austerlitz, NY
- Berkshire Hills & Dales Spinners Guild, Washington, MA
- Native American Bark Baskets – Plainfield, MA
- J & C Antiques – Joe Mondel, Spencertown, NY
- Haydenville Broomworks – Haydenville, MA
- The Farmstead – Hope & Hugh Davis, Leverett, MA
- Rag Hill Farm – Colrain, MA
- Salt and Stone Pottery – Clark Mills, NY
- Barn Again Creations – Hudson, NY
- Stonecreek Candles – Kathleen Williams, Great Barrington, MA
- Joyce Flower Baskets – Valatie, NY
- JANEL – Loren Brink & Jesse Tran, Spencertown, NY
- Catharine Kennedy Engraving – Valatie, NY
- Fine Furniture By Hand – Boyd Hutchison, Sheffield, MA
As of 7/22/16, the Market Vendors participating this year are:
- Saratoga Peanut Butter Co. – Saratoga Springs, NY
- Ballston Lake Apiaries – Richard Green – Ballston Lake, NY
- Maple Leaf Sugaring LLC – Ghent, NY
- Dancing Bare Soap – Plainfield, MA
- Jana Laiz, Author – Egremont, MA
- Rolling Rock Farm Sea Salts – Sheffield, MA
- Beth’s Farm Kitchen LLC – Stuyvesant Falls, NY
- Sauerkraut Seth’s – Seth Travins, Hillsdale, NY
- made by marley – Marley Mills, Chatham, NY
- Strudel Z – Zeljka Marjanovic, Hudson, NY
As of 7/22/16, the Non-Profit Organizations participating this year are:
- The Mac-Haydn Theatre, Inc. – Chatham, NY
- Master Gardeners – Hudson, NY
- Edna St. Vincent Millay Society – Austerlitz, NY
- Wild Things Preserve – Palenville, NY
- Great Barrington Rudolph Steiner School – Great Barrington, MA
- Martin Van Buren National Historic Site – Kinderhook, NY
- Friends of The Tracy – Chatham, NY
As of 7/22/16, the Entertainers & Musicians participating this year are:
- Rick Warren & Marilyn Miller – Guitar and Vocals
- Joe Adee – Master Emcee! (Joe will also sing and perform on guitar & harmonica)
- NeuBop Monsemble – Howard Lieberman on Keyboard & Guitar
- The Berkshire Ramblers – Great Barrington, MA
As of 7/22/16, the Special Exhibitors/Demonstrators participating this year are:
- Jake Kuhnen & Scott Lent: Blacksmithing Demonstrations in the AHS Forge
- Fred DePaul: Sheepshearing by Hand – Demonstrations & Commentary
- Birds of Prey – Trish Marki – The Wildlife Institute of Eastern NY: Performances at 11:00 and 1:00 pm
- Berkshire Hills & Dales Spinners Guild: Spinning Demonstrations in the Crafts Tent
- Roger The Jester – Tricks and treats for young and old alike, a smile on your face and a laugh in your belly!!
- Magic! – Omer Black – Prepare to be amazed on Sunday morning!
- Heritage Poultry Breeds: Wanda Halten, New Lebanon, NY
- Wool Spinning & Carding: The Culley Family, Spencertown, NY
THANK YOU TO OUR UNDERWRITERS AND SUPPORTERS!
Some generous donations came in after our program was printed. We include your names in the list below — with a heart-felt “thank you” to one and all!
Heritage Circle – $1000+
Tony & Gail Cashen
Historian – $500+
John & Denise Dunne
Jane Magee & Paul Bernstein
Benefactor – $250+
Ed Herrington, Inc.
Hudson River Tractors
Joe & Connie Mondel
Robert & Barbara Willner
Supporter – $100+
Ron & Kristin Davis
NUBK (National Union Bank of Kinderhook)
Michael Rebic & Jeffrey Harris
Friend – Up to $99
Kleeber Insurance Services
Hudson River Tractor
The Beacon Cinema